Free Santa Barbara Triathlon Information Clinics!
When: Friday, August 21st (see times below)
Where: At the event site. Listen for the announcements approximately 10 minutes before each clinic. We typically meet in the transition area. You can’t miss it.
The Santa Barbara Triathlon will again be hosting pre-event clinics designed to provide tips and hints about how to make your participation in our event even more enjoyable. The clinics are free to all participants.
2015 Schedule and Content:
3 General Information Clinics – 1:00PM, 3PM and 5PM
(See specialty clinic times below.)
- New and first time athlete tips and suggestions
- Course analysis and information including transition layout and strategies
- USAT rules and regulations including disqualification and penalties
- Question and answer session
2 Specialty Clinics
- 2PM Running Technique and Injury Prevention Workshop
- 4PM Triathlon Transition Workshop
Clinics conducted by:
Helpful tips for preparing for the event.
Here are some videos we found that might be helpful in preparing for any triathlon. Each has something unique to offer and can be useful for creating a more enjoyable experience.
Transition Tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19fN9FdWbw
Faster Transition Tips for T1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWHELY0qxw
Dave Scott Transition tips – T1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqYIfEN_bMo
Dave Scott Transition tips – T2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH6Bc3kiVGM
Open water swim tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Fc3ATPE_k&feature=related